Terms & Conditions
We understand that life can interfere with plans. Our terms and conditions cover the details for workshop cancellations and booking inquiries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: WORKSHOPS AT LARKSWOLD
These Terms will apply to any contract between us to supply any of the experiences, courses or workshops at or by Larkswold (“Workshops”). Please read these Terms carefully before booking any Workshop through our site, email, or telephone. Please note that before placing a booking for a Workshop, you will be asked to agree to our Terms as laid out here or as amended by Larkswold from time to time.`
Top 6 Terms
1. You must be at least 18 years old to attend a Workshop (unless the workshop says explicitly otherwise in the description) or if you have been confirmed an under-18 to participate by one of the Larkswold business owners.
2. You may book a Workshop on our website. Please take care to correctly provide all the information requested and contact us immediately if there is further information we should be aware of. Our colleagues at the end of our telephone service will assist. You are only able to book a Workshop if there are places available. Please take the time to read and check your reservation on each page of the order process. Inform us immediately of any discrepancies, as in the event of any delay in informing us of the same; we cannot typically rectify any errors.
3. When you confirm and pay for your reservation at the Workshop, you offer to buy the place at the Workshop on the basis of including the price set out on the Larkswold website.
4. After you complete the booking process, we will send you an email that accepts your booking and confirms your attendance at the Workshop (Workshop Confirmation). Our contract will only be formed when we send you the Workshop Confirmation.
5. If we are unable to provide you with a place in the Workshop, for example, because the Workshop is fully booked or no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail, and we will not process your request. If you have already paid for the Workshop, we will refund you the total amount as soon as possible. THIS WILL BE THE FULL EXTENT OF OUR LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD.
6. We may refuse any request for booking at our discretion without reason.
PAYMENT AND PRICES
7. The price of the workshop will be quoted when you submit your booking request and will be advised during the check-out process before you confirm your booking request. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Workshop are correct when the relevant information is provided. However, if we discover an error in the price of the Workshop(s) you reserved, we will contact you.
8. Workshop prices can change at any time, but changes will not affect reservations already placed.
9. We require payment in full at the time of booking. We do not take provisional bookings and cannot confirm your place in a Workshop until we receive full payment. Payment can be made using Master Card, Visa, Switch, Delta, Maestro, or Paypal. In the event that payment is to be made by Larkswold Gift Experience Voucher, vouchers must be presented and surrendered to a member of our staff to gain admittance to the Workshop and the coupon code provided at booking.
10. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the workshops on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices as part of our Workshop Confirmation procedures so that:
11. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments to the Workshop content and timing and to substitute any teacher without notice.
12. Workshops occur at the location detailed on our site or otherwise advised when booking.
13. You are responsible for arranging and paying for transport to and from the location and any accommodation you require.
14. All Workshops should be attended on a punctual basis unless prevented by occurrences which are beyond your reasonable control.
15. You are advised not to bring any items of special value onto Larkswold premises. Larkswold will not accept responsibility for the loss of any personal possessions.
16. Your wellbeing is important to us. You must comply with all rules and regulations and safety instructions issued by Larkswold and the Workshop Provider (being the person delivering the Workshop) from time to time. If Larkswold considers that you have behaved in an unacceptable manner, Larkswold will be entitled to require you to leave the event. Larkswold will not be liable to refund you and will have no further liability to you.
17. You should wear comfortable clothing and sensible footwear suitable for the Workshop.
18. Please inform us in advance of any allergies.
19. The Workshops can require various equipment, some of which may be unfamiliar to you. You must ensure that you follow all operating instructions for such equipment, which will be given to you by the Workshop Provider before use. If, at any time during the Workshop, you are unsure of how to operate a piece of equipment, please do not use it and ask the Workshop Provider for assistance.
20. In the event of an accident, whether or not this requires first aid treatment, please inform the Workshop Provider or a member of our staff immediately. You may be required to complete an accident report sheet.
21. You must not be under the influence of any alcohol or drugs whilst attending the Workshop (unless the Workshop itself involves alcohol, of course, you must drink responsibly and please ensure you have made appropriate transport arrangements! ).
22. You must keep to all areas designated as available during the Workshop and not stray to non-public areas.
23. If you feel your health and safety may be at risk at any time, please inform the Workshop Provider or a staff member.
24. We cannot be held responsible for accidents caused by misuse of any equipment or failure to adhere to all directions and instructions issued by the Workshop Provider or any member of our staff.
25. Nothing in these terms excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
26. All materials produced by the Workshop Provider during the Workshop and the content of any explanatory materials (for example, slides, handouts, etc) used within the Workshop are the Workshop Provider’s own and may not be reused without consent.
If you cancel the booking, we reserve the right to impose cancellation charges as follows:
Fourteen (14) days or more before the date of the Workshop, Larkswold will work with you to move the booking to an alternative date or workshop (subject to any additional charges that may apply resulting from the alternative date or workshop chosen). If an alternative date or workshop cannot be agreed upon at the time of cancellation, Larkswold will issue you with a credit to the value of the Workshop (“Workshop Credit”), which you can use towards the cost of an alternative workshop of your choice (subject to availability) and which shall be valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue. If you fail to rebook an alternative workshop within this period, all rights are forfeited;
less than fourteen (14) days before the date of the Workshop, the full charge will be payable (no refund will be issued), and you will not be entitled to any Workshop Credit voucher.
Workshop Credits are non-refundable, and lost Workshop Credits cannot be replaced.
In the event that you are unable to attend the Workshop, then we will accept a nomination by you for another person to attend in your place, provided that their requirements are not significantly different to your original requirements. In all other circumstances, clause b shall apply. Any person attending your place shall also be expected to adhere to these terms and conditions. Larkswold does not accept bookings which have been resold through other official ticket-selling websites.
To cancel, you just need to let us know. The easiest and most effective route is to contact us on 0800 999 1914 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or notify us by post to Larkswold Ltd, Station House, Adlestrop, Gloucestershire, GL560YF to tell us. If you are emailing us or writing to us, please include details of your reservation to help us identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail or post, then your cancellation is effective from the date we receive the e-mail or post the letter to us. If you call us to notify us of your cancellation, then your cancellation is effective from the date you telephone us.
Workshops bought as gifts carry the same cancellation policy.
We may cancel the booking, refuse your right to attend the Workshop, or require your removal from the Workshop if you fail to perform any of the obligations contained within these terms and conditions.
In the event that we cancel the booking or refuse your right to attend the Workshop or require your removal from the Workshop pursuant to Condition G, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to you, and you shall make no claim whatsoever against us in relation to the booking. We shall not be liable for consequential damages of any nature for any reason whatsoever.
In the unlikely event that we cancel the Workshop, we shall endeavour to provide you with one week’s notice although in certain circumstances, this may not be possible and we shall provide you with as much notice as possible in the circumstances. You shall be entitled, at your discretion, to a full refund of charges paid or a Workshop Credit to make a booking for an alternative Workshop within 12 months from the date of issue of the Workshop Credit but otherwise we shall not accept any liability legal or otherwise due to such cancellation and shall not accept responsibility for expenses or other third party costs that may have been incurred by you. In no event shall we be liable for consequential damages of any nature for any reason whatsoever.
You are advised to take out insurance against loss of Workshop costs through illness, personal accident or failure to attend for any reason or for travel and accommodation loss. Some banks and credit cards automatically give you travel insurance cover. We recommend that you check with your provider before booking with us.
Every effort is made to ensure that all the information provided on the Larkswold website is correct at the time of publishing, but we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
The images of the Workshop on our site are illustrative only.
27. If Larkswold fails to comply with these Terms, then we are responsible for the loss or damage which is the foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence. Still, we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into the Contract. We will not be liable for any loss suffered by you which is indirect, special or consequential including for any travel or accommodation costs.
28. We only supply the Workshop for domestic and private use. You agree not to book the Workshop for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
29. We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
(c) any breach of the statutory rights laid down by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
30. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Exceptional Event. An Exceptional Event is defined below in Paragraph 34
31. An Exceptional Event means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
32. If an Exceptional Event takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended, and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Exceptional Event. Where the Exceptional Event affects the date of our Workshop, we will arrange a new Workshop date with you after the Exceptional Event is over. You may cancel a Contract affected by an Exceptional Event. To cancel, please contact us. If you opt to cancel, we will refund the price you have paid.
COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
33. in these Terms, we refer to “in writing”; this will include e-mail.
34. Other than for methods of communication expressly referred to in these Terms, if you wish to contact us in writing for any other reason, you can send it to us by e-mail to melinda@LARKSWOLD.COM or by paid post to Larkswold Ltd, Station House, Adlestrop, Gloucestershire, GL560YF. You can also contact us by telephone at 0770 434 6458.
35. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
36. For contractual purposes, you agree to electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your legal rights.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
37. We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
38. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
39. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
40. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
41. These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them are part of the Contract between you and us. If you require any changes, please make sure you ask for these to be put in writing. This can help avoid any problems about what you expect from us and what we expect from you.
42. Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through our site, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
43. If you have any queries, complaints, suggestions or comments about our Products, Services or these Terms or wish to order by telephone, please contact us at 0770 4346458 or email at melinda@LARKSWOLD.COM
‘we’, ‘us’, and ‘our’ means Larkswold Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12829103 and with our registered office at Station House, Adlestrop, GL560YF.
‘you’, ‘your’, means one of our customers who makes a booking.